Thursday, November 30

Stranger things have happened...or have they?

Last Tuesday's walk to uni...

1) A little back cat and I made each other jump...
I was walking past a wall, I looked right, the cat looked up, we both went "squeak"! I have no idea why either of us was so shocked, afterall walls are for cats and pavements for homosapiens so no surprise there, nevertheless we both jumped out of our skin! I feel we bonded though!

2) Walking up the dreaded green bank of death I realised the university halls were stapeled together...
not by paper staples you understand cause that would be silly, but "leodis" the bright blue halls I walk past every day does actually look like a building a child has modelled from some mikano set. And yes it does look like its heald together by objects resembling giant sized staples.

3) There was no goat in the back garden...
not mine, thought there is no goat there either (or at least I hope not!) , but my house mate pointed out that in a garden near the dreaded green bank of death, there lives a goat. This lead to a politically incorrect conversation about what could be wanted from a goat and although we hoped that he would be living his life happily - playing on the swings and slide meant for the 3 year old that obviously resides with him - unfortunately we concluded that his aim in life was probably to become fat enough to make other members of his community fatter. Today I was saddened by the absense of the goat...

... a pause in memory of the sacrificial goat...


...we love you goat!

4) And finally my journey ended in the lab where the strangest thing of all occurred...
I was in a surprisingly sociable, awake and jovial mood.
-I found our lack of results amusing instead of annoying,
-My calculator broke and I considered it a good opportunity to get back to grips with my
mental arithmatic,
-The smell of the reagents made me feel at home rather than sick!


Tuesday was a very very strange day!! (by my standards at least!)

2 comments:

Nathan said...

Reagents? You're an ALCHEMIST?

Alex P said...

Love it that you're into goats. Top animals.